1. Data Protection
This ensures, among other things, that data we hold about you is processed lawfully and fairly. We aim to ensure that the personal data stored will be accurate, relevant and not excessive. We will keep the data up to date and not retain the information longer than is necessary. We will keep data securely to prevent unauthorised access by other people. You have the right to see what is held about you and correct any inaccuracies.
Honda of the UK Manufacturing Limited will not share or loan any identifiable information about you to any third party outside of the Honda Group of Companies without your consent. We may share generalised information about site visitor patterns with partners or other parties in such a way that individual visitors can never be identified. It is possible to view our site without providing any personal details. However, without registering your details you will not be able to receive further communications from us.
2. What Personal Information is Collected
We collect your personal information on a feedback and enquiry form that you choose to complete. This information may include data such as your name, email address, country and preferred language. We use this information:
- To help make your visit more informative and enjoyable.
- To send you relevant information.
- To email you from time to time about information which we think may be of interest to you.
If you choose not to receive any more information or other communications from us, you can tell us by email at any time.
If you have allowed us to use your personal information for the purposes above, we may from time to time disclose this information to any company or organisation to which we pass the responsibility to handle email or other direct marketing communications on our behalf. Should this happen, we ensure that any third party companies who handle your information comply with the relevant Data Protection Acts.
3. Other Information Collected During Your Visit to our Site
Whenever you browse the www.hondamanufacturing.co.uk website, read pages, or download information, our computers automatically record certain information about your visit from the computer you use to access our site.
This information does not identify you personally. It just tells us how many visitors come to our site and the types of computers they use. With this information, we can improve our site for all our visitors and make it more useful to you.
The information includes the following:
- The date and time you access our site.
- How many and which pages you visit during a 'session' on our site and how long you were on the site.
- Internet domain name (this might be your internet service provider such as aol.com or your place of work) and the 'IP' address (this is a number assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the web) which allows you to access our website.
- The Internet browser you use (e.g. Microsoft Explorer or Netscape) and your computer's operating system (e.g. Windows 2003).
- The site you were on before you linked to hondamanufacturing.co.uk (e.g. Yahoo if you found us from a search engine).
4. SPAM Email Warning (Phishing)
We will never request that you confirm any personal information in an email other than for recruitment purposes. We will not contact you and ask for you to confirm any of your personal details such as: Name, Address, Date of Birth, personal banking details etc. Should you receive any such emails we suggest that these are likely to be fraudulent and strongly advise you NOT TO RESPOND. We suggest that any emails of this nature that you receive should be flagged and added to your blocked email address lists.
5. Access to Personal Data (Subject Access Requests)
You have the right to request to receive information about the personal data we hold about you.
6. Accuracy of Information on this Website and Third Party Websites
We attempt to keep all information on this website up-to-date. The product specifications contained in this website, however, are for information purposes only. As we continually enhance our products, alterations in our models or standard or optional equipment may occur. We reserve the right to change this information at any time without notice. For accurate up-to-date product information, please contact your nearest or preferred Honda Dealer.
Our website may contain links to other websites or links to download software from other websites. We have no control over and are not responsible for the content of, privacy policies or security of such sites. It is your responsibility to check the terms and conditions of any other websites you may visit.
7. Intellectual Property Rights - Copyright and Trademarks
All rights in the content of this website including copyrights, design rights, database rights, patents, inventions, know-how, source codes and any other intellectual property rights are owned by or are licensed to us. You are permitted to display these materials on a computer screen and to download and print a hard copy for using this as an information resource on us.
You undertake not to:
- alter or remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary notices;
- replicate, download, relay, dispatch, distribute or publicise any text, illustration, chart, graphic, icon, logo, image, and the arrangement thereof, and any underlying source code and software, for any commercial or public purpose without our prior written consent or the respective copyright holder;
- use this website to upload or distribute any material that contains viruses or the like or to do anything that may interfere with or disrupt this website or its services;
- establish a link to this website from any other website, intranet or extranet site without our prior written consent.
8. Risks and Liability
Visits to this site are entirely your responsibility. Honda of the UK Manufacturing Limited cannot guarantee that the site does not contain bugs, errors or viruses which may affect your computer. Honda of the UK Manufacturing Limited cannot guarantee that the information on the site is up-to-date at the time of your visit.
Honda of the UK Manufacturing Limited is not liable for any downloads damage which you or your computer may suffer as a result of your visit to this site.
9. Website Reliability
Whilst we attempt to avoid any errors on this website, no guarantee can be made as to its uninterrupted and error free usage. We reserve the right to suspend or withdraw the entire or any part of the website at any time without notice without incurring any liability.
We reserve the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time without prior notice. The new version will be posted on the website and will take effect and govern all use of the website immediately upon posting.
11. Survival of Conditions
If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is or becomes illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable under the laws of any state or country, it shall be removed from these Terms and Conditions. The legality, validity and enforceability of any other provision under the law of that jurisdiction and the legality, validity and enforceability of that or any other provision under the law of that jurisdiction shall not be concerned or harmed.
12. How to Contact Us
If you require further information or have any comments or questions about this website or any aspect of our services please contact us:
Corporate Communications Section
Honda of the UK Manufacturing Limited