Ethics & Values
Our core values at Honda of the UK Manufacturing Ltd (HUM) are underpinned by the Honda philosophy. They encourage Honda Associates to ‘live’ our core values so together we can grow a successful business, through talented people, in an environment where we are all proud to work.
Make a difference today. Recognise the impact you make on the business and on your team. Seek out ways that we can improve what we do, get involved and make tomorrow better.
Do the right thing. Be honest and open in your dealings with everyone around you. Believe in each other and be prepared to step out of your comfort zone. Learn as much as you can to be the best you can be.
Make time for each other. Be approachable, listen to others’ viewpoints and consider different opinions. Be open minded, care about what happens and help us create a great workplace.
Honda Mission Statement
‘Maintaining a global viewpoint, we are dedicated to supplying products of the highest quality, yet at a reasonable price for worldwide customer satisfaction.’ Dreams inspire us to create innovative products that enhance mobility and benefit society. Furthermore, as a socially responsible corporate citizen, we strive to address important environmental and safety issues as we focus all our abilities on being a company that society wants to exist. Find out more about our commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility at:
For the complete Honda Motor CSR report, see the supported documents section below.
The driving force behind Honda’s growth was the leadership of its founders, Soichiro Honda and Takeo Fujisawa. The most valuable asset they gave us is the Honda Philosophy. Although written in the 1950’s, it still forms the basis of associates’ actions on a daily basis throughout Honda’s worldwide operations. At the foundation of the Honda Philosophy are two fundamental beliefs:
Respect for the Individual. This calls on each associate to nurture and promote individual differences and to trust their colleagues as equal partners. Honda aims to cultivate these qualities so that people’s differences are respected and trust is developed on an equal basis. A human being is born as a unique individual with the capacity to think, reason and create - and the ability to dream.
- Initiative. We encourage creativity and freedom of thought. This provides the right environment to create the best products.
- Equality. We celebrate differences and are committed to creating equal opportunities for every associate.
- Trust. We believe that when everyone embraces the philosophy, we will do what is best for the customer, each other and the company.
The Three Joys. Our goal is to provide joy through our business. Anyone coming into contact with our company or our products should have a sense of joy through experience.
- The Joy of Buying. We will create pride of ownership in our products and services by exceeding customers’ expectations.
- The Joy of Selling. We take satisfaction in making customers happy - and take pride representing Honda.
- The Joy of Creating. We believe in providing a quality product to our customers every time.